Tuesday, June 16, 2009

...a Full House beats both a Flush and a Straight

Tuesday, June 16, 2009
The GIS picnic is coming up in a couple days, and I signed up for the Texas Hold'em tournament. Today Pete asked me if I knew the order of the poker hands (which hand beats which) and I began rattling them off:

Royal Flush
Straight Flush
Four of a Kind
Flush
Straight
Full House....

...and he stopped me. "Full House beats both a Straight and a Flush."

No way, I thought. I've been playing poker off and on for fun for awhile now and I know my poker hands.

...Pete and the internet proved me wrong.

Thanks for setting me straight, honey! Now I won't embarrass myself during the tournament on Thursday. Whew!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Today I Learned... ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates